Shawn J. Urban
Quinnipiac University, Hamden CT
College of Arts & Sciences
Bachelor of Arts in Game Design & Development, Minor in Psychology
Game Design Peer Catalyst
- Be a resource to younger students, both in and out of the classroom.
- Provide assistance to students with their game design lab projects in order to break down the barrier between their technical limitations and ambitious ideas.
Game Design Ambassador
- Advocate to prospective students for the QU Game Design Program.
- Represent the skills necessary to be a successful Game Design student.
ESPN+ Camera Operator
- Operate cameras and equipment for numerous Quinnipiac Division 1 Athletic events.
- Use high level production equipment in a professional setting.
Game Design Intern - F84 Studios
January 2019 - April 2019
- Assist with design-related tasks:
- Level design, quality assurance, draft and contribute to game-related documents
Game Design Subcontractor - F84 Studios
September 2019 - November 2019
- Provide design services remotely:
- Level design in Unity for Baja Big Air 2D racing game
Orientation Leader - Quinnipiac University
June 2018 - August 2019
- Serve as a role model and resource for incoming first-year students at QU
- Develop strong leadership skills; teach diversity, respect, identity, and empathy
Film & Communications Department Staff - Quinnipiac University
Jan 2017 - May 2020
- Handle high-grade film equipment, assist students with creating short films
- Serve as Technical Director and Chyron Operator for QNN News Casts
Unity Game Engine - Art, Programming, Animation, UI
Project Management - Trello, Git
Programming - C#, HTML, CSS, Java
Adobe Software - Photoshop, After Effects, Flash
Graphic Design & Photography
Intermediate Knowledge - P5.JS, Maya, Final Draft, Jira